Breakfast Nearby (5 min drive)
- T.P's Cafe
- Buck Hill Farm
- The Breakfast Club
- The Coffee Pot
Dinner (reservations recommended)
- Bull and Garland (Hobart, NY) - Our personal favorite. British pub w/ good food, cocktails and atmosphere.
- Brushland Eating House (Bovina, NY) - Very much worth the 40 min drive, amazing food and atomosphere. Trust us!
- Table on 10 (Bloomville, NY) - 15 min away for amazing brick oven pizza and farm to table fare.
Dinner - Way more casual / family style and nearby – 5 min away
- Mama Maria’s Pizzeria – Good for huge portion Italian / American meals – fav. Large pie, ask for it cooked well done
- Vasta’s Pizza & Bistro – Burger and fries are a favorite
Breweries & Cider Houses
- Wayside Cider (Andes /near Bovina)
- Westkill Brewery (Westkill, NY) see nearby world class hiking trails and make it a whole day out
- Ommegang Brewery (Concert Saturday)
- Union Grove Distillery (Arkville)
A Day in Delhi
- O'Neill's Shire Pub (Delhi) – Great corn beef and cabbage plate, Shepard’s pie, burger etc.
- Catskill Momos (Delhi, NY) quick dumpling spot, amazing stir fry, vegan options etc.
- Tay Tea (Delhi)
- Hollow (new cocktail bar – Delhi)
- Quarter Moon Cafe (Restaurant and bar with really good high quality food)
Right Here in Town:
- Solinsky's (cured meats, local butcher) – Try the brisket sandwich
- Mac A Doodles for Ice Cream
- Bowling in Stamford at Vasta’s Pizza & Bistro
- It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere (local liquor store)
- Tops – Supermarket, closest place (5 min from barn) to grab some quick groceries
Daytime Activities to do Nearby:
- Gun House Hill Aplacas – alpaca farm 2 min from the barn
- La Basse Cour Farm Store – grab some farm fresh eggs, local cheeses, maple syrup etc.
- Hobart Book Village – Visit 5-6 book stores in Hobart all walking distance from one another.
- Blue Sky Farm and Winery
- Horseback Riding - Route 10
Oneonta and more - Between 20-25 min away
- Large Walmart, BJ’s, Aldi, Hannaford (best selection) and many other chain stores for shopping
- Antiques On Chestnut - Oneonta
- Yellow Deli – Oneonta
- Brook’s BBQ
Sport and Recreational outdoor things to do:
- Susan’s Pleasant Pheasant Farm – Kaayking, hiking and swimming spot
- MineKill State park – Day use area, swimming pool, hiking, waterfall, disc golf
- Plattekill Mountain - Downhill Mountain biking
- Windham Mountain – Mountain biking / lift trails
- Hunter Mountain - Trails / Adventure park /
- NY Safety Track – Racetrack for sportscars and motorcycles
- Howe Caverns – Underground cave system and tours
- Katterskill Falls – Largest waterfall in the Catskills
- Mt. Utsayantha - drive up and hike around the top. Amazing views from fire tower. A must see!
- Catskill scenic trail - very flat 40 mile trail, converted old railroad with decent views in and out of valleys.
- Mine Kill State Park - (2-4 mile loop) Hiking trails, waterfall, pool and more
- Bramley Mountain Trail (4 mile loop) amazing views at the top. Bring water!
- Emmonds Pond Bog (1-2 mile loop) nice wildlife, small waterfall / lake
Please Google trails for more info. Thanks!
Stops While Driving up (or headed back)
Route 28 Stops
Phoenicia Diner, Woodstock, Bread Alone, Fabulous Furniture, Esopus Creel, Woodstock Brewery, Peekamoose Restaurant
Southern Route Stops
The Red Rose Motel, Pepacton Reservoir, Catskill Fly Fishing Center & Museum, Roscoe Beer Co., Catskill Brewery